Monday, August 31, 2020

Persuasive writing

 Tuesday 18th August 2020


Dear Mum and Dad.


Online shopping, a safe place for my money, and way easier to get paid and pay people. All these statements sound great, don’t they. Well what if I told you that these can all be possibilities if you finally get me my own debit card. I am absolutely positive that you will as well after reading all my points and reasonings.


My first reason is that I could do online shopping without a hassle. I know that you especially  Mum, hate the hassle of getting out the card writing down all the numbers and then putting away again. That is just simply a waste of your time and mine. As well as me handing you an absurd amount of coins to pay you back. That is just downright annoying. Also I would be paying the full amount of my purchase, instead of my usual pay and leaving the shipping for you. It would be fully from my own bank account, and this would greatly benefit you in the long run, wouldn’t it just. Responsibility is also a big factor in this having a debit card would teach me to be more wise with my money when online shopping. 


Furthermore, I would also finally have a safe place for my money. As you know and I know I have recently lost quite a bit of money due to the misplacing of my wallet where I accidentally left it out on my desk for all to see and take by accident. This was quite traumatic for me since for a child my age this is quite a bit of money that doesn’t come easily. Although the matter at hand is if I had a debit card all my money would be safe in my bank account that’s just for us to access. Also if I do misplace my card we could quickly cancel it with just a phone call and purchase a new one.  Although I am certain this won't happen l. Wouldn’t that be great, never having to worry about the whereabouts of my money. Did you also know that a bank manager stated that it is best to get your child a debit card when they are around 11 so they can get more confident and independent around banks and money? I think that sounds very wise and should be something to take into consideration.


My final factor is all about when I start doing jobs/working which isn’t that far into the near future. I imagine in this period of time I'll start doing small jobs like babysitting, paper runs,  and simply doing  jobs for dad at the vets. The thing is with these jobs I will need some how to get paid that  simply isn't just cash. That is just inconvenient. I will need some sort of card details for my bank account or something to put across on in online banking. This will make it easier to be on top of my payments and make sure everything is in order. As a matter of fact this will also make my purchases easy and quicker. Instead of the whole cash and change business that is germy and annoying.


So with all these reasons I am absolutely certain you will be able to see the massive bonuses to getting me my own debit card. Because I will be able to online shop without a hassle, I will have a safe place for my money and it will make it much easier for me to get paid when I start doing small jobs. I believe that this sounds like a great idea and I am confident that you now do too


Kind Regards,

Molly


No comments:

Post a Comment